Keep the TRUE VIEW
Once you've discovered the TRUE VIEW of your money, Otto keeps the TRUE VIEW in 2 easy steps.
Otto merges your credit card spending with your organized money.
Otto organizes your new income based on how you plan to use it.
Use your credit cards to make your purchases. Once your new credit card charges have posted, you are ready for Step 1.
After your next paycheck has been deposited, move to Step 2.
Step 1: Assign your credit card charges
1. All of your new credit card charges will populate on the Credit Card page.
2. To keep the TRUE VIEW of your money, all you need to do is indicate which of your accounts will cover each new charge, or as we like to say, "assign your charges."
To Assign your charges you can:
1 - Drag and drop a charge into the desired account. OR
2 - Select one or more charges, choose an account, then click the Assign button.
3. Notice that as you assign a charge, Otto moves the money you have spent into your Credit Card Payoff Account and calculates how much money you still have available in your other accounts.
In this first step, Otto keeps the TRUE VIEW of your money AND makes sure that you'll always have enough money set aside to make your credit card payments.
Once your next paycheck is deposited, move to Step 2.
Step 2: Organize your income
1. Otto watches for money coming into your Primary Checking and pops it into your Income Account.
To keep the TRUE VIEW of your money, on the Organize page Otto organizes your income based on how you plan to use it.
2. Otto uses Account Schedules to help you decide how much money to set aside in your different accounts.
To create an Account Schedule, click on the calendar icon.
3. Otto is designed to allow you to organize your income once or twice a month.
If you get paid every two weeks, you might want to start by organizing your money twice a month.
At the top of the Bills Account Schedule indicate how often you plan to organize your income.
This choice will carry over to all of your Account Schedules.
4. If you create an Account Schedule, your Schedule amount will appear in gray in the account's entry field.
Click inside the entry field to enter this amount or manually enter a different amount. Continue organizing your income until the balance in your Income Account is zero.
5. Once you have entered the desired amounts, click the Next button and Otto will take you to the Transfer page to implement your plan.
6. When you are organizing your income within your Primary Checking, you can simply click the Organize money button.
Otto will then organize your money based on:
The plan you just made for organizing your income, and
Your recently assigned credit card charges.
That's all there is to it!
In just two easy steps, Otto keeps the TRUE VIEW of your money.
With Otto, you'll always know how much money you have, and what it's for! It's such a great feeling!