Otto is uniquely designed as an easy budgeting app for people who don't like budgeting. As such, Otto allows you to share access to your account with a Financial Coach, Counselor or Daily Money Manager who can help you get started, and stay on course, as you begin your new financial journey.
If possible, to give you a fresh start, we recommend completely paying off your credit card balance(s) before you get started.
Step 1: Share access to your account
On the User Access page you, as the Owner of your account, can share access with another person, as the account Manager. A Manager is given access to all account features, with the following exceptions: They cannot add or delete financial institutions. And they do not have access to your Settings page or any of its functions.
Important note: Otto gives access to information only. No one, including you, the Owner, can access the money at a financial institution using Otto.
1. Go the the Settings page.
2. In the upper right hand corner, click on User Access.
3. Enter the name and email address of the person you would like to share access with.
4. Click the Invite button.
Once this person has accepted your invitation, they will be given access to your account and their Pending status will change to Manager. You can click the trash can icon at any time to revoke access to your account.
Step 2: Securely link your Financial Institutions
For security purposes only you, as the account Owner, can link Financial Institutions to your account.
1. Go the the Accounts page.
2. Click on the Link accounts and credit cards button.
3. Follow the prompts until you have linked your bank accounts and credit cards to Otto.